Basic Facts About Using Solar Energy
If you’re new to solar energy, you might have questions about how it works, what benefits it offers, and what its pros and cons are. This is an introductory guide that provides a brief overview of solar energy and how it can save you money. We will also explain how solar energy works and shed light on how amazing the sun is. By the end of this guide, you will have a good understanding of how solar energy can benefit Amp customers.
Several key statements that explain the benefits of installing a solar energy system:
- Solar energy can save you money by reducing your monthly utility bills.
- Solar energy offers energy independence, allowing you to generate your own electricity and freeing you from relying on utility companies.
- You’ll see a return on investment almost immediately with solar energy savings.
- Installing a solar energy system can increase the value of your home by adding equity.
- Solar energy systems require minimal maintenance and offer high performance.
- Solar energy helps to preserve the environment by using a renewable energy source.
- You may be eligible for federal, state, and local tax credits.
- Utility rates tend to rise annually, but with solar energy, your electric bill will remain low and steady.
- Solar energy systems can provide reliable, clean power for 25-40 years.
- It’s important to choose an experienced solar provider who understands how to create an efficient system, obtain permits, gain HOA approval, and perform a quality installation.
- PV solar energy systems do not need water to generate electricity. This is important because, in times of drought, switching from coal to cleaner energy sources like solar power could reduce water usage in Texas’s power sector by 21%, saving over 28 billion gallons of water every year!
- As of the end of 2017, Texas had a total installed capacity of 1.87 GW of solar electric capacity, making it the 7th largest solar state in the US.
- The sun produces enough energy in just one hour to power the entire Earth for a whole year. This means that if we could capture and store all the energy from the sun that hits the Earth in just one hour, we would have enough power to meet our energy needs for an entire year.
- The energy from the sun that falls on just one acre of land in West Texas is enough to produce the same amount of energy as 800 barrels of oil each year! This shows the incredible potential of solar energy as a source of renewable and sustainable power.
By understanding these key statements, you can make an informed decision about whether solar energy is right for you.
Key Parts of a Solar Power System
Solar panels work by converting the sun’s rays into electricity. When sunlight hits the solar panel, the individual solar cells inside the panel use a process called the photovoltaic effect to transform the light into direct current (DC) electricity. This process allows solar panels to generate clean and renewable energy that can be used to power homes and businesses.
In order to make the electricity generated by solar panels usable in your home, it needs to be converted from direct current (DC) electricity to alternating current (AC) electricity. This is where an inverter comes in. We use a type of inverter called a “Micro Inverter” which is located at each individual solar panel. This allows for more efficient energy conversion and ensures that our customers get more power from their solar panels compared to other types of inverters.
SOLAR ENERGY MEETS UTILITY GRID:
Solar energy is used to power your home during the day. But when the sun is not shining, such as at night, your home will get electricity from the utility company. If your solar system generates more electricity than your home needs during the day, the excess electricity will be sent back to the utility grid.
Net metering is a policy that allows homeowners who have solar panels installed on their homes to send any excess energy they produce back to the grid for storage. This means that when they need energy, they can draw it back from the grid, or even sell the extra energy to others in their community who are connected to the same grid. Utility companies are required to pay solar producers retail prices for the energy they return, which is often priced significantly higher than if the utility companies purchased the energy independently. This is known as a Feed-in Tariff (FiT) policy, and it incentivizes people to adopt solar energy as a way to produce their own electricity and contribute to the grid.
Some Key Benefits Of Solar Power Systems
SAVE MONEY ON YOUR ELECTRIC BILL
You can reduce the amount of money you pay for electricity by installing a solar power system in your home. The amount of electricity the average American household uses each month is about 897 kilowatt hours (kWh), and the average monthly electric bill is around $112. However, in the United States, electric bills can vary from less than $70 to more than $140 per month. By installing a solar power system, you can potentially lower your electric bill by an average of 84% or even eliminate it completely, depending on the size of the system you choose.
INCREASE YOUR HOME’S VALUE
If you install solar panels on your home, it can increase the value of your property. Researchers from the Lawrence Berkley National Laboratory studied more than 22,000 home sales that took place between 2002 and 2013. They found that homes with solar panels sold for an average of $15,000 more than homes without them. This means that if you decide to sell your home in the future, having solar panels installed can potentially increase its value and make it more attractive to potential buyers.
REDUCE ENERGY COSTS FOR YEARS TO COME
By installing Amp Solar Squad solar panels, you can lower your energy costs for many years to come. These solar panels are designed to last for more than 30 years, and some have even been in use for over 40 years! We are so confident in their performance that we offer a 25-year guarantee on them. This means that you can have peace of mind knowing that you will be able to reduce your electric bill for decades to come. So, by investing in solar panels now, you can potentially save a lot of money on your energy bills in the future.
Our goal is to help people in Lubbock and nearby areas achieve energy independence. We aim to do this by building personal relationships with every client we work with, as well as with their friends and family who own homes or businesses. We believe that by developing strong relationships with our clients, we can better understand their energy needs and provide them with the right solutions to help them achieve their goals. Our ultimate aim is to empower people to take control of their energy usage and reduce their dependence on traditional energy sources.